Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Whole New World


Yes I just quoted Peabo Bryson. Listen, I'm a red blooded American Male who loves sports that involve balls as much as the next guy. However getting a taste of gymnastics has some weird effect on me. I can't explain it. It sucks you in like a Dyson vacuum cleaner. It consumes me almost as much as my fantasy football league. I find myself laying awake at night thinking "you know if she had just stayed on the beam last week she would have scored a 9.0" or "man I hope she hits that kip next week"
Can anybody explain to me another sport that has this effect on parents. I don't recall my parents analyzing and breaking down my play at shortstop during the little league game. Some would say it's a sickness, but only other gym dads and moms truly get it! Am I right? It's like an underground seen that can't be explained to other parents. That's why God made forums like www.chalkbucket.com
AND THIS BLOG!!!! Share it with our secret society! Pics and audio from a Shawn Johnson interview I did this year coming soon :)
(The pic above is of Alicia Sacramone when she visited our gym)
Now go Stick It

1 comment:

  1. It did the same to me but you gotta get a hold of yourself. You're going to stress her out. She has that to look forward to in adulthood. She doesn't need it as a child.

    ReplyDelete